There were lots of fire accidents breaking out in the entertainment and eating places. Because of the industries or customers who indulged in amusement and convenience were neglecting the importance of fire safety, these accidents were often causing serious casualties and losses. If most of industries work more attention to the fire safety, and enhance training awareness of their employees, it will be more effective in preventing disasters and reducing casualties. Thus, the awareness of fire safety to every employee who works at the entertainment and eating place is worth discussing. The purpose of this study was to examine the fire safety awareness of employee who works at these places. Questionnaire surveys with convenience sampling, and the samples are issued by employees who work at a well-known chain restaurant in Taiwan. There are 328 valid questionnaires in total. The following conclusions are based on the descriptive statistics analysis, one way ANOVA and independent sample t test.
1. The fire accidents at public places will amend the laws promptly, and improve the crisis awareness of industries.
2. The government should enact unambiguous regulations and rights on fire safety for public places.
3. Most of young employees are lacking in fire awareness, to strengthen their fire awareness is essential.
4. Compared to males, females are often having better fire awareness. So we should emphasize on the perception of male employees.
5. Increasing times of fire self-protection training is necessary.