|Abstract: ||This study aims to understand the current status and correlations between teachers’ knowledge management skill and teaching effectiveness in public elementary schools of Nantou County. It further provide practical suggestions as references for improvement.|
To achieve such research objective, this study used literature review to construct the theoretic base. Then based on said theory, this study designed a questionnaire to investigate the understanding of elementary school teachers on knowledge management and teaching effectiveness. Using stratified random sampling method, we selected a total of 501 teachers from 61 public elementary schools in Nantou County as the subjects for questionnaire. The data collected were analyzed with statistical methods including average mean, standard deviation, analysis of variance,independent sample t-test, One-way ANOVA, Pearson product-moment correlation,and stepwise multiple regression analysis. The conclusions are as follow:
1) Elementary school teachers have above average understanding on knowledge management and teaching effectiveness.
2) Teachers’ understanding on knowledge management shows no difference to variables such as gender or school scale;but teachers who are older, with educational background of graduate study, with longer service years, and serving as teacher and director concurrently have better understanding on knowledge management.
3) Teachers’ understanding on teaching effectiveness shows no difference to variables such as gender or school scale; but teachers who are older, with educational background of graduate study, with longer service years, and serving as teacher and director concurrently have better understanding on teaching effectiveness.
4) The better the teachers’ understanding on knowledge management, the better the teaching effectiveness.
5) The predictability of teachers’ knowledge management skill on teaching effectiveness is the highest in “knowledge renovation” and “knowledge application”.
Finally, according to the above-mentioned conclusions, this study proposes relevant suggestions for educational authorities, schools, elementary school teachers and future studies.
1) For educational authorities
（1） Subsidize school funding for knowledge management, training and encourage schools to promote knowledge management skill;
（2） Plan appropriate teacher training programs to reinforce teachers’ basic understanding about knowledge management;
（3） Promote teachers’ life-long learning concept, and implement assessment measures on teachers’ teaching effectiveness.
2）For school administrators
（1） Encourage teachers to explore knowledge management skill that will promote teachers’ teaching effectiveness;
（2） Provide models for collective learning, create innovative organizational culture;
（3） Establish a mechanism for sharing and consultation to promote teachers’ professional growth.
（1） Cultivate the concept of knowledge management and upgrade professional knowledge in teaching;
（2） Have the courage to break through tradition, to change teaching methods with innovate curriculum contents.
（3） Be active, enrich life, and fulfill the concept of life-long learning.
4）Suggestions for future studies
（1） Research method: more diversified methods may be applied to supplement the quantitative study with qualitative study.
（2） Research tool: use more in-depth variable analysis, and use more sophisticated and appropriate research tools.
（3） Research subjects: expand the study to different counties or cities, or to teachers who teach different educational levels